New Energy Nexus is organizing the Building Energy Challenge 2020, sponsored by Asian Development Bank Ventures (ADB Ventures). This is a match-making program with the goal of introducing companies with innovative energy efficiency technologies for buildings to commercial property groups and energy intensive corporate partners.
Building Energy Challenge 2020 is now open for applications to startup companies working on energy efficient solutions who are already generating revenue, want to scale up and are ready to build commercial relationships in new markets, and also ready for investment by ADB and Corporate Partners. Around 10 Startups will be selected as finalists to join the program.
Startups will be selected along the following criteria:
- Innovative & Diverse Solutions – clearly innovative or disruptive, differentiated from existing solutions, exhibits competitive advantage potential
- Relevance for Energy Efficiency –strong focus on reducing energy usage & decreasing carbon footprint for clients
- Quality of Team – credible team, quality CV’s, relevant qualifications/experience
- Market Potential & Scalability – large addressable market with significant deployment potential
- Business Model – well articulated, viable business backed up by performance data
- Maturity – startups need to have commercial projects completed and ready with enough resources for new pilot & deployment projects in Southeast Asia
Building Energy Challenge 2020 entrepreneurs will be supported in pushing their innovation forward and expanding their business in the Southeast Asia Region, which includes access to the network of Corporate Partners, additional mentors, and customer insights.
Only companies with commercial deployments will be selected.